Monday, August 25, 2014

So Many Books, so Little Time

Trouble is, I'm not a book nerd. I want to read more but I have a few other things which have priority too.
Like watching a good movie, mind you, if I see it's from a book, I'll think 'I must read that book'.
Or patchworking, embroidery, listening to music or walking. Some of these things can be done simultaneous, especially if you use audio books.





Recently three books I'd ordered from the library came all at once. All memoirs.
By the time I got through Steve Bisleys, then Peter Fitzsimons (both aussie guys retelling 50's/ 60's childhoods) I couldn't finish the third one. Too much of a good genre gets a bit much.
Like too much cake.



Our Book Club has just joined the library. We get six books a year to discuss. We tried to choose six different genres to widen our reading experience. Its made me realise my reading genre list is small.
Have I read.......
A Classic?
tried Wuthering Heights as a teenage, didn't finish.
Crime?
one only, a friend loaned me one  few years ago.
Sci Fi?
um, no
Romance?
um, no
Thriller?
no
Fantasy?
not really

So, what exactly do I read?
I'll say what I don't read. I have the pile of books waiting by my bed. The pile in the corner near the dining room table, the pile on a shelf in the bedroom waiting to move to the pile next to the bed, the bookshelf ones waiting to move to a pile somewhere. Its worse than a hospital waiting list!







Here's a few from the piles.
  

 

There's a bit of history, bit of art, bit of romance, a classic and not a memoir in sight.
Some of these are borrowed, so I'd better get cracking.

No comments:

Post a Comment